Friday, March 19, 2010

Self-Uninterest

I still need some time to sort my shit out before i update the Waffles and Mark fb status. Well, it got complicated, but I don't want to talk about it until after I get calmed down.

Instead let's look at current events, because those never make anyone upset.

Hmmmm, Canada has some stuff, blah blah blah, hockey, blah blah blah, not much gay/good looking men stuff. So we'll skip that and look at some pressing matters down south.

Lt. Dan Choi got arrested!
WTF! I don't really know much about the man except that he is the poster manchild of DADT lately. He was going to go to UBC (to give a lecture) if their pride organisation could muster some ridiculous amount of funds (several thousand dollars). But he got arrested at the White House (or in front) for protesting DADT. Good for him, not enough rightious people are being arrested these days for their causes. Let's follow his example and all get arrested (then let the jailhouse rock really begin).

While I myself am a coward and always banked on my pink card to get me out of fighting any wars, I have nothing but respect for the men and women who put their lives on the line for others. [edited criticism of a certain douchey president/vice-president and their douchbaggery] Especially the ones who have to make the personal sacrifice by staying closeted or else getting kicked out of their career. It's BS.

Moving on...

Let the Dykes Dance
I may not agree with their ability to dance, but i will defend to the death the right to do it (seriously, there's something hypnotic about watching them). All jokes aside, I'd like to have a conversation with the person who thought this was a good solution to the problem. I'm sure the thought process was something like:

Well I could either let these, girls go together, OR I could make them the cause of us cancelling the prom... Which would do more damage to everyone involved? Hmmmm. Sully the reputation of our school, embroil us in controversy, and make this girl a social-martyr for gay rights, or let them dance... It's tough...


Toss up, i'm not sure which I would rather... fuck some people are stupid. Speaking of stupid, a General is responding to calls for the end of DADT by citing gay dutch troops as the cause of a massacre during the Bosnian war.

I'm ashamed to be human today.

I'm sure there are loads of other things I just wanted to get some ranting done...

I still need a sign off.

No comments:

Post a Comment